Photographer. WIFE. Dog and Cat Mom. Norwegian. YOGI. COFFEE, FLANNEL, NATURE LOVER.
I love people, and I love energy. Weddings are my absolute jam because I am a total empath and feed off the love and energy all day long into the dance. If you look, I will also have the biggest cheesy smile during the first look, during the first dance, when your friends and family are jamming out on the dance floor, I'll be tempted to join in (I usually don't). I FEEL that energy though, I embrace it, I love it, and I follow it.
When weddings get stressful, I'm the first one usually to stop, breathe, take a step back, assess and help you move on with a tactful, timely, solution that YOU are feeling is best for you in that moment. I'm the last one to become stressed or show stress, and the first one to pave the smoothest path through any situation and control that chaos at weddings. (Just ask any of my past brides.)
Usually as soon as I get in my car to leave a wedding, my first move is to call my husband, and gush about the entire day. Bless his heart, because he'll listen to sometimes an hour of me talking about a lot of "you had to be there" moments and about people he's never even met. I leave with so much energy, and love, and contentment.
Do things go wrong on wedding days? Yes. Always. No wedding is perfect on paper, but we'll make it feel perfect that day. Are you over Uncle Bob taking too many photos? I got you. Are you over Grandma Mary asking for extra photos, I got you. Are you done with intimate photos together and just want to take a break or move onto the next event? 100% fine, it's your wedding. Do you need help bustling your dress in less than five minutes because no one has done it before and we're on a time table? I got you there too. Do you want help wrangling crazy, loud and fun groomsmen, I got you. Questions about wedding etiquette, arrangements, traffic flow or what comes next? I'm here for it. You're feeling overstimulated and done talking or being touched for a while? That's cool too (it happens the best of couples).
You're investing a lot of time, trust, and funds in me. My job not only as your photographer is to invest my heart and time into you and your wedding and give you the smoothest, most professional, best day you can have.
I WILL NOT
- Edit muddy colors in your photos.
- Serve you crooked photos.
- Use fake lens flares or fake sun flares. (Most of the photos you see with random hot spots on the edge of the photo, are done in post processing and are fake "filters" that the photographer added to the photo. If your photos has this in it or what looks like sun rays coming through, they were included intentionally in your photo at the time it was shot, and were not added in editing.
- Destroy the color in your photos to fit the latest temporary editing trends.
- Use sky replacements. The skies you get back in your photos, will always be the real sky from your real day, during that real live moment.
- Use que cards or prompt cards when we're shooting. Your poses will be somewhat framed, but always authentic.
- Ask you uncomfortable awkward survey questions.
- Force you or your wedding party into uncomfortable poses or locations you’re just not feeling.
- Guilt you into taking extra sunset photos when you’re just plain done with photos for the day and just want to relax or party at your wedding.
- Listen to you, hold space for you and stick up for you and your wants and needs during your entire planning process and on your wedding day.
- Be a shoulder to cry and someone to text photos of the amazing napkins that you just got in to.
- Body guard you on your wedding day from aunt Susan who doesn’t understand what healthy boundaries are.
- Help you feel empowered in the choices you’ve made.
- Bring good vibes on your wedding day to amp you up when you need it and help you feel zen when it rains the morning of your wedding and aunt Susan still isn't understanding boundaries.
- Take your photos all day and do my best so you don’t notice I’m working and it feels more like you have an extra friend hanging out with you that day.
- Help coordinate the time and activities all day so you’re not watching the clock. My goal is for you to just show up that day and not be responsible for anything.
- Be there with my sewing kit to fix the busted hook and eye on your dress, to pin on your vail and those boutonnieres, and bustle that dress.
- Force feed you snacks and water all day so when 4pm rolls around and you're tired af, you still feel like a snack instead of dehydrated and hangry.
Here's my promise as your wedding photographer-
Beautiful photos deserve to be artfully displayed. I offer a variety of mediums for your finished photos- all produced at professional-only print labs. Traditional prints, standout prints, canvas wraps, metal prints, and other products are available. Photos will be packaged with a personal touch.
For those who wish to take printing into their own hands, I also offer digital copies of your final photos with each session. At your consultation, we’ll discuss a little about your wishes for your finished products.
This means I specialize in shooting portraits using ambient light from the sun, manipulating the light in the way I compose a shot and pose my subject. I prefer the way portraits look without the use of artificial lighting sources. Most sessions will be performed outdoors but can usually be performed indoors still with the use of natural light.
With most locations I use, I can predict how the sun will affect the area and my subject during different times, weather, and seasons. I pay close attention to how light falls on my subjects. Portraits can be shot using natural light on a sunny day, on an overcast day, in any season, and even with a little rain! (When need be of course, I do use some lighting assistance.)
My style is what is known as photojournalistic photography or “candid” as many people call it. This means, I shoot moments as they happen. When I see you talking, walking, laughing, or just gazing off, that is when I shoot my photos.
I do not pose my clients, but simply guide them to different positions that are the most flattering and looking the most natural for each person. The last thing I want is for you to get your photos back and have your family member or friend tell you that you do not look like yourself or that you look uncomfortable in your photos. At the end of the day, they’re ‘your’ photos and they simply need to express YOU.
Your personal and contact information are kept confidential and will never be sold to third parties.
We’ve got the most secure cloud storage out there with Smugmug. All your precious photos and personal information are protected securely and privately. View and download your photos at full resolution wherever.
Triple back-ups of your precious photos while we're editing. Double back ups locally and on cloud services after your photos are complete.
My best friend from college and fellow photographer, Roxie
Roxie and I have been besties since our first 3D drawing class at WSU back in 2007. Roxie helps out whenever I need a second shooter, an opinion, feel like doing a crazy silly creative shoot or pretty much anything else related to my business.
Roxie owns and operates a successful portrait photography business out of Fon Du Lac, WI.
My amazing friend from college and fellow photographer, Katie
Katie and I met back in 2006 as freshman in our first color theory class back at UWP before I transferred to WSU. She's an amazing back up and help for all thing business and life related and helps keeps me grounded. You'll see Katie and I tag-teaming at weddings for both our businesses.
Katie owns and operates her own wedding photography business in Lake Mills, WI.
My husband, Kyle
You probably won't see him at any of our sessions but Kyle is my behind the scenes tech support (it pays to be a photog and marry a software programmer!) and all-around rock for my business.
Thanks to Kyle, I get free tech support that maintains and fixes everything in the background so I'm up-to-date on the latest technology and security.
I have a confession to make, I don't like having my photo taken. All eyes are on you, the camera is getting ready to memorize every single detail about your physical appearance. Having your photo taken is pretty invasive. And knowing someone will be staring at your face for Lord knows how many hours after your session editing your images to perfection is intimidating.
But here's the thing, let's establish that walking in. Together at your session, we will openly talk about the process of how things will go during the entire session and all of the awkward glory that having your photos taken brings on. I won't judge you, your boyfriend, fiance or husband who may hate having his photos taken more than anything, or your kids who just want to play, and I won't let your session be scary. I've been there, I get it, and I promise to make your shoot fun and easy!
Part of creating an enjoyable and professional experience for you is providing a complete and personalized experience. I don’t treat my clients as just customers, and instead I work to develop a relationship with you.
In order to provide the best experience to my clients, I only accept a limited number of sessions, and will not schedule sessions back-to-back or make you feel rushed. Individualized attention will allow me to provide you with quality photographs meant to be enjoyed for years.
Some of my “trade secrets” are my locations. I pride myself in using different locations for almost every single shoot. If I do end up using a location more than once, I do my best to make the location look unique and different from other shoots that have taken place there. Or if need be, I often ‘abandon’ locations for a year or more. I also typically avoid locations that other photographers might use in the area in order to help provide each of my clients with their own personalized photos. Using new and unique locations not only helps create unique photos, it also keeps me on my toes as a photographer to constantly challenge myself out in the field (pun intended!).
I use a variety of indoor and outdoor locations- from fields of flowers, to alley ways, to old weathered buildings, to hotels and cafes. Rustic, urban, or contemporary – you choose the style and mood you want to convey for your session or wedding.
I am fully vaccinated for Covid19 for your and my own safety.
Face masks may be worn at your own digression. If you would prefer I still wear a face mask, please let me know.
*Due to the great response to our brand and the individualized attention we provide to each client during the busy photography season, please expect a reply in 1-2 business days.
If you do not notice a reply, please search your spam/promotions folders for our email.*
We look forward to chatting with you soon.
call or text